Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's raining!

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of His righteousness." Isaiah 61:10

Some days I have so much going on in my mind that I can't decide what to write about. There's so many lessons I'm learning, so many beautiful things to tell, so many stories, and even more lessons. Always there's lessons... This is one of those mornings.

What I love about God is that, when all else fails, I can bask in His goodness, lean on His arms, be still and know that He is God and just rest in that. Seeing the vast greatness of my God shrinks the cares of this world into a minuscule cube: which can be picked up and thrown as far away as the east is from the west.

Perspective changes things. We were sitting on the beach yesterday, taking a nap, soaking up the warmth after a freezing cold skin dive. The eight of us had swum out to the reef and spent 20ish minutes alternating between diving and waiting at the surface, as we didn't have enough masks and fins to go around. I'd already seen it all on scuba, but I enjoyed it just as much as those who'd never looked at a reef up close before.

So we laid on the beach, marveling at our great Creator, resting in the glorious paradise on earth that He had made. The lady next to us was in the exact same environment, sans the paradise. She was completely stressed out and worried.. Same warm sun, same beautiful view, same salt air and sea breeze, but her perspective changed everything for her.

If a difference in attitude can put one in or out of paradise while sitting on the beach, I wonder if it'll work the same for me at home on a rainy day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.