Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Your Life...

A blank page or an empty journal has a strange appeal to me. It holds a promise of things to come, and a mystery of the unknown. Will it be filled with words of encouragement, or words of criticism? Will it be a challenge or a mere observation? Should I write about what I know, or should I make something up? Will it make people laugh, cry, think or listen?

The cool thing is, its going to be whatever I make of it.

Will anyone read it at all?

Life is a lot like the blank page. I honestly didn't think anyone would read my blog besides my sister and a friend who I told about it, but I've been amazed at the feedback I've gotten from random sources! People, your lives are being read and observed, and more than you think. So, what are you filling the pages of your lives with? Is it attitudes of encouragement, or attitudes of criticism?

I'm convinced that I'm a witness for my God every single moment of my life. Everything I say and do reflects on who I believe my master to be. If I spend my hours worrying about tomorrow, I'm telling the world that my God isn't big enough to take care of me. If I allow myself to be sad or depressed, I tell everyone who sees me that my God doesn't love me. If I don't rejoice in all things, my God isn't good to me. So, like I said, I'm always a witness for Christ. Unfortunately, I'm rarely a good witness.

It's your life. What are you going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.