Friday, July 22, 2011

Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to thee...

Two things shout out the vast expanse of God, and a third whispers it so softly, most times I fail to see it. My week was filled with these three.

Standing by the edge of the ocean I can't help but feel humbled, as if I were standing at the foot of His throne. It stretches farther than my eye can see, concealing amazing beautiful things, carving and shaping out the coastlines, limitless in power and might, always moving and changing but always the same. After watching a glorious sunset, spending an awesome afternoon playing on the beach and building a sandcastle, we drove from the ocean to the mountains.

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

In the mountains I feel so small, so helpless and weak, but so secure. They are strong and majestic, unmovable, unchanging and uncharted. When you search out the hidden glories of the mountains and reveal their beauty, there are no words to describe it. Standing on a mountain, surrounded by mountains to the point that all you can see are mountains? How can one not feel the greatness of God? We stood and watched the sun rise over an immense lake. It started with a faint pink tinge above a ridge of snow covered peaks and progressed until the sun was up in all its brilliance, warmth and glory. The area was blanketed by an unearthly silence, yet there was an unmistakable presence and comfort. We were not alone.

The third testimony to God that filled my week was people. Designed, loved and created by God in His image, but somehow its always harder for me to see Him there. I'm learning though.

I can't believe how long it's taken me to write this down. I'm overwhelmed and in awe of God's glory, mercy, grace, majesty, greatness, power and love. (and a whole lot more) I'm also running on 3 hours of sleep. I was too wired to sleep anymore. I feel like a child who was showered with gifts from her dad for a week straight. It was that amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.