Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14th, 8am

There's a song running through my head that was brought on by what I read this morning in Isaiah, but I don't think it counts as writing if I post someone else's work. Does it?

I'm basking in God's greatness today. He's all powerful, all knowing, and all loving! He's justice and mercy. A paradox of sorts. His word shows me over and over how big He is and how small I am, and for that I can only praise Him. I'm elated that He chose me to be His child.

A child is exactly what I am. I can't even count the times I've recollected my childhood and sighed, wishing I could go back. I really had it made. I was loved, carefree, worry free, protected, provided for, nourished, instructed and disciplined in love. When remember the imaginary games I would play with my brothers, the silly things we would do, the way I dressed, I realize that I didn't care what people thought of me. I was secure in my parents love. I knew I didn't earn it and couldn't lose it.

That's what God has to offer me. I'm His child just the same as I'm my parents (now grown) child. The funny thing is, living at home I receive all the same advantages my childhood had to offer. I just don't realize or appreciate them. I didn't when I was a child either.

1 comment:

  1. I like this, very much so! <3
    ~3$+!=!3|2 !=!@|\||\|@!=!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.