Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School starts...

School will be in session this morning at our house, for the first time since spring. The anticipation zings through the air like an electrical current, affecting each in different ways. Some light up like light bulbs, others snap like static charged socks.

Oh yeah... this is home. Where I belong.

I was always thrilled about school starting for the first couple of weeks. It gave me a sense of purpose and belonging. A responsibility that was all my own. I'm sitting here wishing I could be a part of that again.

Somehow it's different now, being on the outside, just observing. My younger sister has charge of the household, and for me to butt my head in and try to take part would just undermine her authority that she works so hard to maintain.

While I miss being a part of the yearly ritual of "school", the chance to impart my small bit of knowledge on to my younger siblings, to watch them grow and mature every day, I have some separate responsibilities all my own. I'm grateful for the trust my parents have bestowed on me with the responsibility they gave me, and I hope to do my very best with it.

So why is it that what someone else has always looks better? Maybe I just like the thought of staying home every day. =)

Oh well. =) I'll trust that God's plan for my life is better than mine, and go get ready for work.

"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, Your justice like the great deep... For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light." - Psalm 36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.