Monday, September 5, 2011

These things make me smile...

"I am grateful for what I am and have.
My thanksgiving is perpetual...
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment."

-Henry David Thoreau

#202. Smelling coffee, even if I'm not drinking it.
#203. Foreign languages
#204. Waking up to a magnificent thunderstorm
#205. Smelling the rain
#206. Listening to my sister tell a story
#207. Visiting Papa and Grandma last night
#208. Family, who are "forever" friends
#209. Cozy mornings, curled up on the couch
#210. Dreaming.
#211. Earl grey tea.

"In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy."

- Brother David Steindl-Rast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.