Thursday, October 20, 2011

About my relationship status...

"Ahh.. This is the life. I could stay right here forever," curled up on the couch with my cute aqua/brown Bible, my journal and a cup of tea. Dress clothes are out and sweats are in. Conversation flows around me about different events. Not enough to distract me, but just enough to remind me who and where I am. Its comforting. I'm at home, and home is good.

You want the truth? I haven't opened that Bible yet. Actually, until I brought it to the couch, I hadn't picked it up since last Sunday. I could give you a million excuses but the truth still remains. The only scripture I've read this week was texted to me by a precious friend.

I've found time to peruse facebook and watch Pan Am, but I wasn't able to get into the word of God. Out of the 24 hours in the day 10 1/2 go to my job, (including driving there and back, and getting ready) 8 of them are spent sleeping, 2 or 3 visiting with my family and the other 2 1/2 killing off brain cells.

I haven't dedicated any time to feeding myself spiritually and here I am, wondering why I've felt so drained.

So, enough with the social media for me. (Well, tonight anyways.) I've got to catch up on a relationship way more important than facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Heck yeah, tonight while I led my life group and was encouraging one of my guys to be regular with his devotionals, I realized I hadn't done mine yet this week. not cool - here's to less time wasted more time invested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminders. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your honesty, Merrie. I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.