Monday, January 30, 2012

Unconditional.

You accept me. Today, those are the most beautiful three words I could hear. Today, when I'm on the verge of tears, when I realize that I don't measure up; I hear you say, "I accept you, just the way you are." It blows my mind.

Today when I'm filled with frustration and anger, when my heart is boiling over and about to burst, when I can't understand why; you wrap your arms around me. You forgive my childish outburst and whisper, "I love you." Incredible.

Today when I've tried and failed, when I've done all I can and I can't accept myself, you tell me, "You're precious. I accept you."

It reads like a fairytale. You're that perfect lover in that perfect story with that perfect ending. You're everything I ever wanted, and you want to be with me forever.

Unlike that perfect story, ours doesn't have an ending. You tell me that nothing, not death or life, not angels, principalities or powers, nothing in the past or the present or even in the future could ever separate me from your love. Nothing.

Today, my cup runs over. I may not measure up in my eyes, but you, knowing me better than I know myself, still choose me. All I can say is thank you.

And, I love you too.

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.