Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Starbucks and Rain

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."

That's the verse that jumped out at me while I was sitting in the coffee shop, watching the rain come down. *(not the same coffee trip as the picture)

It meant something to me especially. I've tasted and seen the goodness of God first-hand over and over during my short lifetime. I've been incredibly blessed. I've been challenged and inspired to share His goodness to me, to "praise You as long as I live" and I've been discouraged from continuing to do it.

I witnessed God's powerful and loving hand in my life just yesterday. You know the verse where Jesus says, "Your Father knows what you need before you ask." when He's teaching us to pray? Well it's true.

It was when I was sharing the story with my family that my sister challenged me again.

"Merrie, people are encouraged by you telling what God is doing in your life."

I don't know if that's true or not, but I know that I am encouraged when I tell what God is doing in my life, when I stop to think, and recognize His hand and His goodness. And because of that, because His love is better than life, my lips will glorify Him. I will praise Him as long as I live.



1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.