Monday, December 31, 2012

What God looks like to me.

I bedded down by the wood stove last night, cozy in my sleeping bag while the temperatures dropped to the single digits.

Spending New Years with my sister-in-law's family in Central Oregon has been a great adventure so far. Spontaneous and testing the limits of my flexibility, but fun and adventurous at the same time.

I woke up to my brother coming in, stoking the fire and putting his infant daughter back to sleep in front of the stove.

I stirred in my cocoon and we visited as he watched his baby sleep - checking to make sure she was warm enough, admiring her, comforting her if she squirmed - and again I was reminded of God as a father.

"He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep... The Lord will keep you from harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

1 comment:

  1. I need to remember this when I go to bed tonight. I've been going to bed with a lot of stuff on my mind. It's just stuff I have to think about for my job and or things I need to talk to people about but perhaps I would sleep better if I just put it in God's hand and fall asleep resting in Him. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.