After goofing around with the girls in the kitchen for about ten minutes I wandered into my parents room to greet my Dad.
"Hi! How was your day?"
"It was..." pausing to find the right word, "...fabulous!" I finished, enthusiastically.
"Really? What made it fabulous?" Dad asked.
I had to think about it. There were so many contributing factors, like coming home to a house full of family or a sister who bought me a bar of dark chocolate just because. A profitable day at work with no customers yelling at me on the phone factored in. An encouraging word from a friend definitely made the list as did sitting in the sunshine to eat a yummy healthy lunch. Then there was an eggnog latte, (first of the season) and a trip to the music store...
"Well..." I began, trying to decide what one thing changed my day from great to fabulous. "Uhm...well, God, really. Just how much He loves me."
Every one of the things I had thought of had been orchestrated by God just for me.
I read on a facebook status yesterday that you can never over emphasize grace. Whoever said that was right.
My morning started early today. 5:30, actually. By 6:30 I had a batch of muffins in the oven, another one ready to bake, I'd been greeted by several smiling faces, had a sister helping me with dishes and had been given two free coffees.
What's the word for better than fabulous?
Befabulouso
ReplyDeleteI love that you had a such a wonderful day! And to be able to see and recognize the things that make it good, is such a good way to spend your day! =)
ReplyDelete