"____, ____, ____!" The words I said in my mind were childish, unprofessional and don't belong on this blog. (Does it make it better if they didn't actually come out of my mouth?)
So there I was at work, and my glasses were 15 minutes away at home. (30 minutes with traffic)
Might as well make the best of it. I fired up my computer and squinted at the screen for a few seconds before muscle memory took over and I went to work. Clicking the links I needed to open because I knew where they were, not because I knew what they said, signing in to my 3 different email accounts that I work off of as a customer service rep, and booting up our online system.
I continued to move through my morning routine in the same manner before I realized that this was nothing new.
I do this all the time, only not at work.
It's called going through the motions.
And it's pathetic. Almost as pathetic as me, putting in eight hours in front of a computer without being able to read a word off the screen.
And yeah, I just copy-pasted that from a website without reading it, cause I can't really see it. It's scary how good I've gotten at detaching my heart from what my hands are doing.
It's called going through the motions.
And it's pathetic. Almost as pathetic as me, putting in eight hours in front of a computer without being able to read a word off the screen.
No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something
I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions
And yeah, I just copy-pasted that from a website without reading it, cause I can't really see it. It's scary how good I've gotten at detaching my heart from what my hands are doing.
Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to leave my glasses behind - for helping me to see so clearly what I've been doing to my walk with you, and for always, always, always welcoming me back into your arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your feedback! It encourages me more than you know.